Hi guys. It’s Robin, the left-handed one of The Dutch Bookshelf. I’ve been reading books my whole life, and talking about them to fellow readers has always been a great passion of mine. That’s also how I met Daniëlle. I overheard her talking about The Selection and I couldn’t resist to tell her I was a fellow Kiera Cass-fan. We started talking – and actually never stopped. A book-based friendship was born, but it became so much more than that! This is also why I wanted to start reviewing: so I could meet a whole community of booklovers! I can’t wait to meet all of you. And now, I will tell you a few odd facts about ME:
- I am kind of a collector when it comes to books. If you ask me, there is no better feeling than looking at all of your books lined up (colorcoördinated – of course).
- When I (rarely) lend a book to somebody, I tape the corners and the spine with adhesive tape for protection (I know, I know).
- I am still waiting for the Best Book I’ve Ever Read, so don’t ask me to choose a favourite book cause I. don’t. have. one. I do give 5 bookies-ratings, and I’m very serious about that, but I just haven’t found THE ONE. You know?
Hi guys. It’s Daniëlle, the right-handed one of The Dutch Bookshelf. I’ve been reading books since I was a little girl. Never really had anyone around me to share my passion with, because I was one of the very few people who liked books at my school. Once Robin and I were at our ballet studio and I was talking about The Selection Series, Robin overheard me talking and said she was also a fan of the series. Our friendship only blossomed since then. I also have some odd facts about me:
- I am a huge fangirl. I get sucked into fandoms way too easily. For example I stan these series: Shatter Me, The Selection and Red Queen.
- I prefer to read in Dutch, but speak in English.
- I’m not a quick reader, but if it’s the right book I’ll turn those pages as if my life depends on it.
Anyway, I hope you are enjoying our reviews and maybe feel encouraged to pick up a book that you normally wouldn’t choose. Your TBR-pile can never be big enough!
Lots of booklove – Daniëlle & Robin